National Partners-Driven CCC Effort
Focus of Effort:
- Continue to actively participate in and support the efforts of the CCC National Partnership.
2010 Scope of Work:
- Present relevant C-Change initiatives to the 2010 CCC Leadership Institute participants through plenary session presentations and workshop modules.
- In conjunction with the CCC National Partnership, convened a leadership institute for 487 leaders of State, Tribe, Territory and Pacific Island Jurisdiction CCC Coalitions. Plenary and workshop sessions focused on policy and practice issues designed to advance CCC efforts. Workshops spearheaded by C-Change included:
- Risk reduction and Early Detection Public Messaging (Gary Gurian and Anthony Signorelli)
- Promoting the CEO Cancer Gold Standard (Gary Gurian, Phil Huang, John Dornan, Andy Miller, and Judy Jonas)
- Patient Navigation Programs (Tasha Tilghman-Bryant)
- Competency-based Workforce Development for Non-oncology Health Professionals (Alison Smith and Maureen Lichtveld)
- Pain and Palliative Care Competency for Non-oncology Health Professionals (Alison Smith, Maureen Lichtveld, and Pam Bennett)
- South Puget Intertribal Planning Agency’s (SPIPA) CCC C-Change Pain and Palliative Care Competency Grant results were presented in a plenary session (John Simmons)
- Participated in Strategic Planning meeting with the National Partners to determine priorities for 2011
Next Steps for 2011
- Support development of CCC National Partnership plans to provide technical assistance and training for sustaining coalition membership, supporting policy change related to health reform, and building coalition resources.
- Provide 2 coalitions with technical assistance visits to address significant membership and resources concerns in conjunction with Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
CCC National Partnership Organizations:
American Cancer Society
American Cancer Society – Cancer Action Network
American College of Surgeons
Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Health Resources and Services Administration
Intercultural Cancer Council
Lance Armstrong Foundation
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
National Association of County and City Health Officials
National Cancer Institute
North American Association of Central Cancer Registries
Susan G. Komen for the Cure